HTS Case Studies:
Multipurpose Military Field Tent
A European client needed a multipurpose military field tent that could tolerate heavy snow loads and could be deployed anywhere in the world for year-round use. As well as the weather resistance the tent needed to be suitable for multipurpose use including accommodation, meetings, kitchen and canteen space or even vehicle maintenance.
HTS TENTIQ was able to easily facilitate this requirement by customizing their standard military troop tent which is suitable for multiple uses. A larger frame profile that could withstand the higher wind speeds and heavy snow loads was manufactured using the company’s expert in-house technical design, engineering and production teams. The final tent supplied was to the following specification:
- A larger engineered frame profile of 230mm x 91mm
- Tested to easily withstand a 75kg/m² snow loading and 100km/h wind speed
- 10.00m wide by 30.00m long and a 2.20m wall height with a 3.00m bay width
- All parts fitting into a 20′ container
- Easy to demount and ship to anywhere in the world and re-install
The customer now has a large mobile military tent that meets their requirements perfectly with the following features:
- The larger space is simple to adapt for multiple uses including living, sleeping, dining, office or recreational space and vehicle maintenance if required.
- It is easy to dismantle and relocate globally.
- The larger frame size means the tent’s structural integrity is suitable for year-round use in most climates and environments.
- The HTS TENTIQ in-house customization capabilities and flexible approach meant they were easily able to adapt a standard product to precisely match the specific requirements of this project.
10.00m 30.00m 2.30m
Product used in this case study:
Troop Tents TRZ-M
Emergency P Tents UKMZ-M
Strong, lightweight shelters to accommodate small or large groups for military use.
Find out more about our customer service
Want to get in touch with us? Simply use our contact form or visit our online shop – this is the fastest way to contact one of our team of experts.